Fishing report May 18 - 20

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

mopsny

Fishing report May 18 - 20

Post by mopsny » Wed May 23, 2012 6:42 am

3 of us from Forestport were there friday may 18 thru sunday may 20 , stayed at Camp Massisupi . fished mainly in what we call big bay , next to lonesome bay , weather was great . fishing with minnows we caught for the weekend 18 northern pike bigest 31" , 1 cat 8 lbs , 4 dogs about 8 lbs , and bullheads all about 12-13" , some bass and perch also ( all catch and release ) . We missed at least 50 fish what a weekend

bluschen

Re: Fishing report May 18 - 20

Post by bluschen » Wed May 23, 2012 5:50 pm

We stayed at the same place for the week (14th thru the 20th) and I also have to say the weather was good and the fishing was great. the four of us caught plenty of Pike drifting the bays (released many and kept a few for the freezer) and really had a great time with the Crappie and Perch at least until the weather turned on Wednesday. Booked the camp again for next year (51 weeks and counting!!)

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Thu May 24, 2012 12:08 am

Staying at the same camp myself, a month to go now. Nice to know fish are in the area, thanks for the reports.
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

mopsny

Post by mopsny » Thu May 24, 2012 10:57 am

I've been going to the lake for over 43 years , almost always catch fish , (always have a good time) We fish in the big bay near camp Massisupi , and also upper deep bay and the bay just past middle point bay ( we call it catfish bay ) we seem to catch big cats there , Dick Chapman of Chapmans sport shop can always tell where the hot spots are , good luck to all

HawgBone

Post by HawgBone » Tue May 29, 2012 12:25 am

Sounds like it was a great weekend! Of course, it really is hard to not enjoy yourself on Black Lake no matter what the circumstances. I was really happy to see the pike numbers you had put up there. I'm going to focus my trip to Black Lake on the 21st of July on Pike. I realize it's a long time away yet, and not an ideal time for Pike. I just honestly have never caught one and have always been fascinated by them and thought this year was the perfect time to change all of that. Well again, sounds like you had a great time and thanks for the report!
Hawgbone Lure Co.
www.thehawghole.com