7/1 report

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

harry pikeman

7/1 report

Post by harry pikeman » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Only yielded 1 LM KEEPER THIS MORNING. Went back out tonight and got a few. Raspberry didn't do any thing for us, went over to lonesome and picked up a few pike 19" & 23". Also a 13" LM. Fishing still slow. As I asked before anyone else out there? Catching fish? Pink spinner bait caught those fish. Low water and heavy cover is making it tuff. We got Monday and Tuesday left hopefully our luck changes.
Tight Lines! Harry Pikeman

wildchild

Re: 7/1 report

Post by wildchild » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:30 pm

I just got back and had a tough week as well, the fish that I found were deep. The weedline from the launch south produced for us. The deep edge with black spinnerbaits and watermelon senkos caught our bass. Eight to twelve feet of water and the fish were near the bottom. Good luck!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

dedicated_fisherman

Post by dedicated_fisherman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Not sure what the conditions are, but if the wind is blowing get on a windy point. Those fish are there, use your equipment to your advantage and catch some. Key to our success were primary and secondary wind blown points.They were there last week and I'm sure there still pulling up when conditions are right.

If you can't stand fishing the wind (which I see most ppl can't based off of last week), get in tight and pick up a flippin stick. The largies are still shallow, saw more fish than I could catch since the water was low and clear. Those mats laying on top are key targets, there are lots so you'll be busy until you can find the right location and then should be able to dial in on them a little better.

Joshgsu00

Post by Joshgsu00 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 am

Fishing is slow....ran into some frustrated fishermen this AM...normal spots this time of year have not been producing like years past....have had some luck with white buzz bait in weeded areas and spinner bait in 4-5 feet of water...on the bright side, weather is great!!!
"Class always shows." - Paul Brown

wilson0983

Post by wilson0983 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks for all of the reports. The time is finally here, we will be heading up Saturday for the week. Any other reports for Bass and Cats would be great. Last year I fished root beer senkos for the bass and gulp catfish bait for the cats and did pretty good. All fish I catch are always released. I will try to post during my stay but if not I will have one as soon as I get home. Good Luck

Bugbottle

Post by Bugbottle » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:38 am

I want to add my thanks for your reports too. I too will be going up Saturday for a week. Hopefully I will have something to report next week.

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:14 pm

I was able to fish Tuesday for a little bit in the afternoon with the wife. We Drove all over. I was bummed to see that every place i drove too...someone was fishing. I bet I have been that guy to others in the past, so totally understand. I did find a 12 and 15" lm and the wife lost a bigger one. we fished from 1:30 to 5:30pm. I found the fish in deeper water. I was sitting in 12ft of water casting in towards land to 5ft. Fat baby craws off the bottom seem to really be working this year. The fish my wife lost was on a northland minnow. I just wish I had more time. I might be a local but wish I had a solid week to fish the lake. One day a week here and there is tough. I feel like I am always running and gunning from one spot to the next trying way to hard to catch them. So keep the reports coming. I enjoy them. They also keep me thinking about the lake when I am stuck at home after a day of work.

wilson0983

Post by wilson0983 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:46 pm

I made it out this morning for a couple hours and the bite seems to be tough this year. More weeds than usual. When I was able to get the senko down underneath the weeds I would get some hits. I did the best with a topwater frog first thing in the morning around wood island. Ended up with 1 pike 24" and 3 bass, the biggest being 16". I will be back out tonight but I think I will try some live bait this time. Anyone else have any luck so far this weekend?

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:12 pm

The wife and I got to go this morning 8 to 12. Not early enough for any real top water fun and just in time for 3 hours of strong winds. Ok, they weren't horrible, but hard enough to make trolling out of a weeded bay difficult. My wife did get to catch a real nice 16" LM with a live target frog. The bite was difficult. I think I might start going in the middle of the week. Seems like there is a boat already fishing all the places we went. So maybe the bite is tough just because of the pressure. I think today was a tournament. It is good to see soo many enjoying the lake, but definitely reminds me why it is called fishing not catching.

Oh ya...I did catch a couple, but as my wife keeps reminding me...they were much smaller than hers.

bigmouth

Post by bigmouth » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Every weekend there's a huge influx of new people fishing as if they're the first people on the lake this year. Understandably so since when people get their time off from work and come to Black Lake to vacation they have hopes of catching the BIG one. While watching this huge turnover of fisherman I can understand why the fishing can be tough...Bass here probably know all the lures by name. I do apreciate that some people can catch fish here...I find it extremely tough in any conditions. :oops:

Niagara-eyes

Post by Niagara-eyes » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:00 pm

When the fish are pressured or tough to catch in any situation go to live bait! A lively leech, shiner, crayfish or sucker minnow rigged on a circle hook with a flourocarbon leader can tempt those bass that won't chase a lure. When you know you are on a good spot and the bass aren't hitting those lures, tempt them with something real. On Black Lake, I just won't use nightcrawlers because they get hammered by small panfish. Thread a small sliding bullet or walking sinker on your main line, tie on a small black swivel, then tie on a #2 or #1/0 circle hook with a two foot flourocarbon leader. Use whatever bait looks the best at the baitshop......3-5" goldens, big leeches if available, 2-3" crayfish. If the water is especially dingy or full of algae, or I am fishing deep I like to add a LG flourescent orange bead above the hook.

bigmouth

Post by bigmouth » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Thanks Niagara-eyes. Gonna try above mentioned set-up. :mrgreen:

tr21

Post by tr21 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Bigmouth Try that set up on north end of conger island on the weed edge. That was hot for me in June. Try the jig also.

Bass_Slayer22
Newly Registered User

Post by Bass_Slayer22 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:39 am

Heading up to Black Lake this upcoming week. We've been going up around this time for the past 4-5 year's and have had a lot of luck. Question I have is , what are the lake conditions currently? Water low? Any info would be very much appreciated.

Good Luck & Happy Fishing!
- Bass_Slayer22 -

492VS

Post by 492VS » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Bass_Slayer22 wrote: Water low? Any info would be very much appreciated.

Good Luck & Happy Fishing!
- Bass_Slayer22 -
Very Low