6/23-6/29 report

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

wildchild

6/23-6/29 report

Post by wildchild » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:42 pm

A cold front moved in quite litteraly the minute that I arrived. As we pulled into the launch ramp a heck of a thunderstorm hit. The first two days bites were real tough to come by. Finally found bass on the outer edges of weedlines. Eight to ten feet of water seemed to be key. The wind made for tough fishing with the soft plastics that I like to use, but if you can get em down the fish will eat them. We caught bass, pike, bowfin, perch, and bluegill quite regularly. Biggest bass was a largemouth over for pounds caught on a five inch Hawgstix stick worm, lost one bigger while trying to net it while fishing alone. I would love to know the weight of that one! Also had something on that was comming to the boat near Hogback on a light crappie hook, I knew that it was not a panfish by the feel of it. Got it about ten feet from the boat when the thing went ape and broke the hook in half, probably a bowfin but would love to know for sure. Good luck and tight lines all! See ya next year!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

HawgBone

Re: 6/23-6/29 report

Post by HawgBone » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:41 pm

It sounds like you were facing some really tough conditions, but glad you made the trip a success! I'm also glad to see the HawgStix worked out for you on your trip. I have plenty more coming your way!

Tight Lines!
-Chris
Hawgbone Lure Co.
www.thehawghole.com