Guided Bass Trip on Black Lake 8/8

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

GuidedBassTrips

Guided Bass Trip on Black Lake 8/8

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Wednesday I had Jim Calloway and his 10 and 12 yr old sons Logan and Hunter for a half day of bass fishing on Black Lake. They are from Harrisburg and this is their first time at Black Lake. They are staying at Pleasant View Cottages and came up on a recommendation from a friend. They had been out on the pontoon and hadn't been catching much. I told Jim that Black Lake is fishing difficult now because of the algae bloom and now is a tough time for someone new to the lake. He booked a half day and I figured I should have live bait to be sure they catch fish. I've had trouble in the past showing kids how to fish the bottom slowly with crayfish. So I decided to bring shiners only and show them how to fish a senko too. I started on the first spot having them all fish the wacky rig. Logan caught a small smallmouth on the 1st cast and then I couldn't get them bit on it there. So I switched them to the shiners and started to get them some bites. Even with shiners the bite is slow in the green water. You can tell the bass have trouble finding it because some seem to chase it and give up on it. But finally they were able to start catching fish. Logan caught 9 bass, Hunter caught 6, and Dad caught 3. But dad had the big one of the day and was sure to remind the kids. I held the biggest ones in the well for a nice picture at the end. All bass were released.
Attachments
0808121237.jpg
0808121237.jpg (66.82 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.