8/30

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

fishnick

8/30

Post by fishnick » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Wind, wind and more wind. We managed 8 bass and 1 northern this morning on spinner baits and rattle traps. Biggest fish was a beautiful 17" SM that I have to admit I didn't catch. I did net it though! Wind is tough, but they are hitting if you get the lure to them. Find the clearest water with best visibility. We are not catching fish where we see high levels of floating algae and particulates. Caught fish in same locations when the water cleared. It's been a challenge each day, but worth the effort. Good luck.

jvdnitro750
Newly Registered User

Re: 8/30

Post by jvdnitro750 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 pm

hey new to sight was wondering what end of lake you were fishing planning trip up there for sunday morning usually fish south end near rossie any hints would be most helpful

fishnick

Re: 8/30

Post by fishnick » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:16 am

We have been fishing bays and points on the main section of the lake. We fish mornings from sunrise to around noon, and evenings from 5pm to sunset. Our hot spots have been Lower Deep Bay and the point at Cedar Grove Camps. Wind and water clarity will dictate where you can fish easily and make the best lure presentation. Only topwater action we had was along the weed edge in The Cut and in Lower Deep Bay, when we saw fish working the surface. I would think poppers would work in any of the many weed locations when fish are active on the surface. We only had 1 morning with any significant surface action.