8/25-8/31

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

fishnick

8/25-8/31

Post by fishnick » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:50 am

We had a great week at Black Lake, although there was too much wind the last couple of days. We started out with better evening action and slow mornings and finished with better mornings and slow evenings. Still believe that water clarity played a major roll along with the wind toward the end of the week. We still managed 8 bass in the 16-17" range and lost a couple more that size or better. We also caught 2 Northerns over 26". We only managed 1 lonely walleye, compared to 7 we caught last year. Not certain what that means, but considering the ever changing water level and weed conditions year to year, the patterns change. A local told us several years ago to look for areas and depths with the healthiest green weed beds and that's where you'll find the fish. I'd have to say that does pretty much hold true year to year. We returned everything we caught including the 19 1/2" walleye and 11" crappie. Do the same and keep the fishing great for years to come. Good luck and be safe out there.

Central NY Girl

Re: 8/25-8/31

Post by Central NY Girl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:20 am

This is funny we had the opposite better fishing from 6:00 to dark. night time worms and bobbers caught the most bass not huge but good, average 8 to 12 to maybe one pushed 17 inches, and of course all were released. We plan on maybe one more fishing trip before the docks come off the lake.

fishnick

Re: 8/25-8/31

Post by fishnick » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 am

That's what makes fishing such great sport, different patterns, lures and bait all after the same thing - success! I know we could do better at times with bait, but we stubbornly stick it out with lures. How can you explain when one person catches 10 gamefish on a type of lure and you don't even get a hit using the same lure? We all have are favorites methods because we have had the most success with them. I've caught some big bass on rubber worms, but look for places I can use a Bomber or Rattle Trap because I've had the most success with them. I would throw the kitchen sink if I saw it catching fish. Good luck if you get back to BL this Fall!