Labor Day Fishing report

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

walleyehound

Labor Day Fishing report

Post by walleyehound » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Mainly fished for "Eyes" this weekend caught 1, 25" at 8:30pm in the Narrows on a worm harness. Caught several Smallmouths, 15 to 18" ers. Fishin was pretty slow. Went up to the Dam in Rossie to see the Plaque dedicated to Earl Cluckey, Nice job Phil, and the Black Lake Assoc.

Niagara-eyes

Re: Labor Day Fishing report

Post by Niagara-eyes » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 am

Has anyone been trying open water trolling for suspended walleyes on Black lake? In alot of fertile stocked walleye lakes they are said to suspend over the largest basins......I assume in BL that would mean the west side of the island row and around the church shoals. We all see the numbers of 'eyes spawning in the spring and the huge number of stocked fish the last 25 years maybe that is a good pattern. Starting with shallow running minnow baits with planer boards and then trying different depth levels depending on whats showing up on the graph might be a pattern worth trying before the water gets cooler.
I have often thought the walleyes were in the weeds or the deeper rocky areas like the narrows or Elwood pt. but maybe competition from bass and northern pike has them out living a suspended lifestyle. I know there is plenty of bait out there for them.