Walleye on the St. Lawrence

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Phil
Site Admin

Walleye on the St. Lawrence

Post by Phil » Mon May 06, 2013 6:48 am

Got out yesterday afternoon for the first time this season. Looking for Walleye in the St. Lawrence, near Ogdensburg. I got into them on the first pass, drifting a bottom bouncer with a spinner/worm harness. I got 3 on the first 3 drifts (all of them right at 17" - just could not grow one to 18". Anyways, the crowd moved in on me so I left for another spot which is usually good mid-summer. Nothing, which really didn't surprise me. Beautiful afternoon/evening on the river.
Phil

tr21

Re: Walleye on the St. Lawrence

Post by tr21 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:49 am

To bad you could not get the 18,s. Boats moving in is not new where ever you go.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Tue May 07, 2013 7:12 am

Last evening was a repeat, almost. In two hours I boated 1 18.5" eye and 8 shorts. Good times. :big-grin:
Phil

JR

Post by JR » Tue May 07, 2013 1:12 pm

I'll be out that way in a couple weeks, Phil. I hope you have them figured out by then. I could sure use some tips. I will be fishing near Oak Point if you have any ideas.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Tue May 07, 2013 1:34 pm

All I know is that, for me, they seem to congregate in the channels adjacent to structure. That's daytime fishing. Nighttime can be a different story, I guess.
Hope you find some.
Phil