Bass patterns

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Blake
Newly Registered User

Bass patterns

Post by Blake » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Getting ready to head up to Black lake for opening of bass season and stay for a few days. Have not been up to lake in 10 years, and really looking forward to trip. Was wondering if anyone knows if bass are still spawning on beds or if they are getting into post spawn patterns? Any info would help. Thanks and tight lines!!! :big-grin:

jholmes

Re: Bass patterns

Post by jholmes » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:32 pm

I was at the lake 6/6-6/9. it was cloudy with showers off and on the whole trip. we had no luck in any of the bays, I believe was due to all the rain cooling the shallows. all fish caught were holding deep on rocky points and islands near deep weeds just outside of the larger bays. it was by far the toughest fishing in the 6 years we been fishing the lake. the forecast shows lots of sun this week witch should warm the shallows back up

MrSimon

Re: Bass patterns

Post by MrSimon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:54 pm

When we were up there May 22-25 the largemouth were definitely on their beds. They should be all done by the time you get there for sure.

I hope you like weeds. The combination of low water levels and warm sunny weather for a few weeks in early May brought them up quick. Thickest I've seen them in almost 10 years at the lake.