Report August 10th-17th

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Pike-Buster

Report August 10th-17th

Post by Pike-Buster » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:46 pm

We came up for a week from the 10th-17th and a had a tough time fishing. We found it real tough to locate fish this year compared to years past. Just seemed we couldn't patern the bass, got them on a wide variety of lures. When fishing the shoals early in the morning and at night we got smallmouth/largemouth on Black SpinnerBaits, White Spinnerbaits, LiveTarget Perch, Texas Rigged Softbaits and Zara Spooks. Then while fishing points we got another 4 in Swimbaits and spinnerbaits. Couldn't even manage a bass on a frog in the bays. And I would consider my strength and favourite technique for bass to be frog fishing. Spent hours in every bay with only a dozen bites for the week to show. I never did like the cool, windy and wet conditions we had all week. I prefer it as hot as can be, just the way I like it. Our fish of the week was a beautiful 36" over 12LB Pike that cut up my hand pretty good while unhooking it boatside. For the week we manged about 10 smallmouth, 6 largemouth and the one pike. Had a great time as usual and will be back in the fall for a little revenge on the fish :D :wink:

492VS

Re: Report August 10th-17th

Post by 492VS » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:08 am

I didn't have much better luck on the 17th, 18th. First time out on the lake this year due to boat issues. My daughter and I caught approx 10 bass in 12 hours of fishing. Never really hooked up to a good pattern and of those caught only 3 were of legal size. Daughter caught all hers on a pop-r. Mine were caught on a rubber worm, Deep Little N, square bill crankbait, pop-r. None of these were near a shoreline.
Not sure if there is some type of weed control going on but three of my dynamite areas of past have absolutely no weeds around anymore and thus no fish either. Will be back thru labor day week in a few days. Might just catch a few of the hundred or so leopard frogs habitating my property, mouth hook it and see what bites.
At least the sunsets were spectacular.

Tori

Post by Tori » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Can you legally hook live frogs in NYS to fish with? Thought that is against the law....just asking.
Tori

FrankTheTank
Newly Registered User

Post by FrankTheTank » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:34 pm

Headed up that way sometime in Sept/Oct Can't Wait!!!

When's a good time to make the trip? I usually can only make it up in June, this is my first time coming up twice in a year, and never been in the fall...

Any advice? Date range??

Thanks!
AlbNY - CPR