Report June 22 thru July 12

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

sasnyder

Report June 22 thru July 12

Post by sasnyder » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:46 am

As usual we had a great time at Black Lake. The fishing was a blast at times then of course it had very slow days mostly during hot sunny days. The wind was normal for Black, When the wind was bad we stuck to the coves for protection. We caught the biggest bass this year than we ever had.( I.m not going to mention size because there is always someone to question :wink: ) The best fishing was always at daybreak until about 11:00. Then after the sun went down. This year was also the first year we actually caught a ton of Pike normally we would catch a few but not many. All fish were released back for another year.
We fished mostly around Rasberry Island to Jennies Island back into lonesome bay. We never got into the crappies or walleyes.
Had fun with a few gar. We did take a trip down river to rossie that
was enjoyed by by my grankids. I have read some people had terrible fishing at black. You can't come to Black with great expectations every time that just dosen't happen at Black or anywhere as far as that goes. But having the family together relaxing and enjoying the fishing catching or not is what brings us back to Black.