What are the fish biting

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

blacklakefisher
Newly Registered User

What are the fish biting

Post by blacklakefisher » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Just wondering what the fish are hitting right now. Coming up soon. Can't wait!!!

bandres128

Re: What are the fish biting

Post by bandres128 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Well we came up this past. Saturday we've only caught 3 bass so far all were 14 inches, 2 on senko worms on the weed edge and the other was on a night crawler on the bottom. Caught about 2 dozen crappies about 9 to
11 inches right in close near the camps around the shore lines about 40 feet out. Not much fun doings this week but hey fishing beats working!! We kept the crappies for dinner! Bass released unharmed! All bigger fish catch and release! Anybody else's tips would really help us out we'd like to get into some bass do if anybody would please share your knowledge we would love it! Thank you! Catch and release!!! :big-grin:

492VS

Re: What are the fish biting

Post by 492VS » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Bass fishing last Saturday and Sunday, results were mixed. Very few LM bites, plenty of large SM's biting. LM's did not hit anything moving, smallies were hitting topwater and square bill cranks were largemouths usually are. I thought Saturday was a tough day till I looked at the results from the NNY bassmaster tourney. Winning weight 20+, most had limits. 3 bass over 5, plenty over 4 and about everyone had some in the 3's.
One guy commented on using texas rigged rage craws and other craw baits. Only bites he had was dead sticking the bait a while then the bite would come. Wish I had figured that out.
http://www.nybass.com/showthread.php?77 ... ly-12-2014