Ice fishing done for season??

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

tjlamphere

Ice fishing done for season??

Post by tjlamphere » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:42 am

Checked the web cams and I see water around the shoreline, so ice fishing must be done for the year...when was the last time someone was out on the lake, and when will the lake be fishable from a boat? Later in April? I hope to be up sometime in June/July/August. We were there last Summer and I was amazed at the pike we caught in shallow water right off the dock...I mean water that was not more than 2 feet deep...tossed a weedless topwater lure next to the dock, and BOOM!!! Only about 18 or 20 inches, but I could not believe the larger fish are lurking in such shallow water...and man, do they hit a lure hard!!! With the windchill, it is ZERO down here in Binghamton today....not the weather I want to see on March 28th!!! Trout fisherman will have a tough time in a few days...creeks look really high...hope the stocked trout they put in survive the shock of the cold water!!!

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Ice fishing done for season??

Post by Phil » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Not done yet! :O Probably at least one more week of getting on the ice. Lots of ice right now 18-20" Will get so we use a plank or dock section to get out on the ice.
Phil