Slot Limit on Bass?

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Line Wetter

Re: Slot Limit on Bass?

Post by Line Wetter » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:28 pm

Well, I new I was opening up a can of worms (no pun intended...well maybe sorta) when I posted on this topic. I really wasn't trying to criticize anyone or even make a complaint. The lake is amazing how it is. I was just daydreaming....you know, "the grass always seems greener on the other side."

We humans can do a lot, but mother nature seems to take care of itself. Sometimes I think we humans give ourselves too much credit though. I mean come on! Glaciers have been melting for thousands of years! I am hard pressed to believe that we (humans), and we alone are responsible for "global warming", "climate change" or whatever the heck else they come up with to call it. Yes, over fishing, development etc., can most certainly impact a fishery, but so can eutrophication. We can definitely help speed up this process (and others), but one thing is for certain; this lake is slowly becoming a swamp. It's a natural process - lakes fill in over time. Look at a satellite image of Black Lake sometime and you will see the red maple/silver maple swamps that I believe were once shallow bays along the southern and northern ends of the lake. The lake is changing and always will, and as Phil said, fish will change their habits etc., and it is up to us to adapt (as they do) if we want to find them.

Lets be done with the complaining and finger pointing. Stereotyping Pennsy Hick's (definition: non derogatory slang term for citizens of Pennsylvania....real country folk) is absurd! Let's move on to a better topic.
Keep those Lines WET!