Crappie?????

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Jhnmcggh

Crappie?????

Post by Jhnmcggh » Thu May 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Well, heading up in the morning. Should arrive about 9-10:00 am. Hopefully we will be able to find and catch them Friday.( weather nice till late evening). Saturday fishing will definitely be a wet experience. Hopefully an active crappie bite will distract from the constant rain.
But hopefully it will change, three days ago they were calling for rain both days. Now it’s only Saturday. Tomorrow is suppose to be NE winds.
So, for the crappie fisherman, how’s the bite? Size?
Thanks
Jhnmcggh

Current surface water temp ?

I will attempt to post daily results ( general areas, depth, presentation( lure, color, retrieve, bobber etc )
The first day will definitely be either small crankbaits, 1/8 spinnerbaits, jigheads with plastics. And even ice fishing Jigs. Hopefully Friday’s action will not necessitate the need for live minnows on Saturday.
Should I caught up in the excitement of a productive trip, I will post my results either Sunday afternoon of Monday. And I hope they will assist you in having fond memories of Black Lake in 2018.

mopsny

Re: Crappie?????

Post by mopsny » Fri May 18, 2018 7:00 am

the people crappie fishing were hitting them 50 feet from the trees in what we call big bay and around bowman island ....