Spring is here?

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Jhnmcggh

Spring is here?

Post by Jhnmcggh » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:29 am

Basically though I would I figured I’d check and see how the ice fishing was this year? To my surprise, not many reports were submitted to the site. Have heard the ice fishing is pretty decent. Assume it is basically local fisherman. Long ways to travel in winter weather. Well will be making our annual crappie trip sometime in May. Hoping to hit a better 3 day period than Last year. In fact my group has decided to forgo making the reservations
Months in advance. We will wait until we have a 7-10 day weather forcastat our disposal before making reservations.
We realize, with the popularity of Black lake crappie fishing, we will probably have to drive to Rt 12 or 37 to secure lodging. But the necessity to make a 20 mile trip( twice daily) is a small inconvienance. To continue the tradition. Figure I’ll scout hotels/ motels from Alexander Bay to Ogdensburg. The group varies in size from 6-15 guys. Tentatively planning the trip for Thursday- Saturday after Mothers Day. Have flexibility with age of guys, majority over 60 and retired. A few late fifties, and a handful of 40 year old ( sons)
Is the ice completely melted in the lake?