Crappie fishing in the fall

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

wishin fishin

Crappie fishing in the fall

Post by wishin fishin » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:02 am

I have been a black laker for the past 30-years but have never fished it in the fall. Can anybody tell or suggest the best time in the fall to give it a shot for crappie?

RufusB
Newly Registered User

Re: Crappie fishing in the fall

Post by RufusB » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:22 am

I like the first weekend in October. I stay at Sunnyside and run down the lake to the Indian River at the rock wall. I fish there and all the way up to the falls at Rossie. Good crappie and some bluegill in the mix. Found some decent perch in upper Big Bay Last year along with some good size small mouth bass. Happy fishing & good luck on your trip!
rufusb

njmike

Post by njmike » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Late September has been good for me but it's weather dependent. They stack up in big numbers in areas like fish creek. I've had some great high numbers days. IMO September and October are the 2 best months to fish BL.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
D. Larson

wishin fishin

Post by wishin fishin » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:00 am

thanks for the info rufus and mike, one last question in the spring I'm primarily using minnows with some jigging. I'm told jigging is the way to go in the fall - your thoughts.

Thanks Guys

Boobik
Newly Registered User

Post by Boobik » Wed May 27, 2020 2:01 pm

As far as I know, the only fishing that is caught in the fall is salmon. Everything else for which I catch is better at another time. salmon runs after the onset of rains and rising water levels. Washington is usually October, and everything is in full swing by November

wishin fishin

Post by wishin fishin » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:41 am

hi rufus,

making the run to blk lake and taking your advice up the indian river to rosie on oct. 8th & 9th 2020. Jigging or minnows?

wishin fishin

Post by wishin fishin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:38 am

WOW!!, I've been going to the lake for crappie in the spring for 30+ years but the fall up the Indian river was incredible. Words don't do it justice. I will be back next fall 2021.

Crappie paradise.