Advice for early August

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Gmkentucky

Advice for early August

Post by Gmkentucky » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:21 pm

I have a group staying at Black Lake Marine in early August. I know that the lake is not known for Walleyes, but any advice?

MrSimon

Re: Advice for early August

Post by MrSimon » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:12 am

In all seriousness, if you want walleye in August, go to the St. Lawrence. It's 10 minutes away and has world class walleye. Black Lake does have walleye, but it is a small population and very difficult to find.

August is a tough month on Black Lake. Fish early, in the evening, and at night. Focus on deep water and current, or fish the slop.

492VS

Post by 492VS » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:13 pm

I know probably late. We don’t target walleye. But have caught 3 or 4 fishing for bass in 30 years. The other day my son and I caught one walleye each at different parts of the main lake on different bass lures. Never caught a bass that day. Lol. Strange. Usually we filet them up. Let the first one go, then a hour later caught another. The two little luckiest walleye in the lake that day.

Gmkentucky

Post by Gmkentucky » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:22 pm

Hey everyone. We were there in early August. Caught 4 walleye. Weather was poor. Pretty comfortable that we could and would have caught more with better weather and more importantly, better boats.