What's up folks? Coming up July 9th, God willing.

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Bugbottle

What's up folks? Coming up July 9th, God willing.

Post by Bugbottle » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:15 pm

Howdy folks, Just wondering how things at the lake are. I come up for a week every year. Last year was the worst I ever did at Black Lake sure hope it was just bad luck. Hows the fishing been so far this year? Please tell me it's been great! I never keep any fish, just love fishin I'm just hoping to have a big year of catch and release.

Joshgsu00

Re: What's up folks? Coming up July 9th, God willing.

Post by Joshgsu00 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:22 pm

I arrive the week before so i will try to post an update for you on what we are seeing/catching...water temps etc...Looking forward to it! This will be my 41st year at the Lake.
"Class always shows." - Paul Brown

Bugbottle

Post by Bugbottle » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:06 pm

Wow! 41 years, that's great. Where do you stay? We stay at pleasant view cottages. We've been coming for 12 years. We only stay a week but it's my favorite part of the year. I always say it's the one week in the year when I get to do what I want to do. We always come the second week in July. Last year was the worst fishing I've ever had at Black Lake I did terrible. I'm embarrassed to say how terrible. I caught only 3 bass and no pike in a whole week of fishing.
If it had been my first time there I probably would have never come back. other years I have done quite well, best fishing of my life at Black lake. How did you do last year? I sure hope this year is better, a lot better. I'm looking forward to your fishing reports. I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to being on the lake trying again. Hope you have good luck and a great week. Looking forward to hearing from you. I will post a report about our week also. Hopefully one talking about tons of exciting fish catching.

Joshgsu00

Post by Joshgsu00 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:15 pm

yepper 41 years. we stay at the log cabins. I agree with your sentiment about it the best week of the year. I also concur about last years fishing. Did land a couple of nice fish. However, more often than not i came in off the lake with 0-1 fish as my outcome. Very few keepers, not that i mind because i catch and release. I would just like more action. LOL. Ahhhh we are never happy though. If i caught 5 each time i would want 10. LOL
"Class always shows." - Paul Brown

z-nail

Post by z-nail » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:00 am

Just got back form a week of fishing. i have been going to Black Lake for 15 yrs. I would like to say Black Lake is back but I found fishing to be poor compared to years past 35 bass 1 small pike and a carp, Nothing like it used to be. Maybe it was just us. we threw senkos and crank baits for the most part. Crank baits and wacky worms seemed to work the best but my grandson and I worked hard for every fish. Out of the
35 bass i would say only 15 would have been keepers and there were no big ones. The pike barely mate 14 inches. I hope you have better luck.

Bugbottle

Post by Bugbottle » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:25 am

Thanks for the report z nail . At 35 bass and a pike you did a lot better than I did last year. I've got my fingers crossed and some new lures to try. Hopefully I'll have something to brag about when I post a report. All catch and release.

Bugbottle

Post by Bugbottle » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:09 am

Z Nail, Did you try any ned rigs while you were at the lake? I figured on trying them for the first time this year. I've never used them before but I figured it's time to try something new.

z-nail

Post by z-nail » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:27 am

Didn't try any this year but had limited success with them last year. I don't fish with them often.