2024 fishing reports

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

teambaker99XX

2024 fishing reports

Post by teambaker99XX » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:11 am

Heading up in mid may for a long weekend and staying at the Log Cabins. We are hoping to be able to get some fishing in this time. We last came to the lake in 2021 and there was a storm front coming thru all weekend and we only got out on the lake once for a handfull of small crappie. This trip needs to be a lot better. Any tips on what to use for Pike and Crappie? We are primarily catch and release, but do keep a dozen or so for dinner one night while we are there. Thanks!

Bob-O

Re: 2024 fishing reports

Post by Bob-O » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:19 pm

My advice for Pike is to throw spoons in the 3-5 FOW bays or shoreline. I like to use lures like the five of diamonds or red and white daredevil. There are other spoons that work well also. I personally like Michigan stingers in brass or silver. Fat Nancy’s on the way up has a good selection. I like to let the wind drift you around while casting, covers more ground. You can adjust your lures depth by speed or holding your rod tip up. Try to drag along weed tips. If you don’t see weeds move to where the weeds are manageable. For crappie depending on water temp, look for rock piles or along rock walls (hog back etc). Throw 1/64 oz jigs, cycle through colors if you’re not having any luck. You can also float minnows for both pike and crappie if you like to sit and fish. Good luck and may the weather treat you well. May is a tricky month with wind and weather. You can look back on this forum under my past post for more info on wind and temp, depth and locations. Bob-O
Catch and Release the big ones!!
Practice Conservation

teambaker99XX

Re: 2024 fishing reports

Post by teambaker99XX » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:16 pm

Thanks for the advice Bob-o. I have read a few of your past posts. We are really hoping the weather holds for us this year.