Fishing report 5-1 thru 5-5

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Bob-O

Fishing report 5-1 thru 5-5

Post by Bob-O » Sun May 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Target species: northern pike, water temp: 56-60F, water level: low to very low. There were three of us in the boat, the weather was very warm and lots of thunder storms pushing us around. We targeted the bays and were throwing spoons and made out OK. We each averaged about 10 pike each per day between 18 to 23 inches. This year was slow, I believe due to the very warm weather. In the past ten years we did much better for size and numbers. I can’t remember the water being so low and warm; the air temperature was more like July then early May. We did drag a minnow around and did not have one fish hit it. One guy caught a nice 23 inch walleye in one of the bays on a Johnson silver minnow! Most of the pike were released unharmed and a few went back to our fish fry. As always we had a fantastic trip and look forward to the next Pike opening weekend. I will be back in August to try my luck at the Bass and summer pike. It was a pleasure to talk to so many folks I see year after year at the camp. The bull head guys were doing well using leaches. Good luck to the rest of you and do practice catch and release for future years of great fishing.
Catch and Release the big ones!!
Practice Conservation

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Mon May 10, 2010 12:14 am

Thanks for the report, Johnson silver spoon have not used one in a long time very cool