St. Lawrence River Eyes

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Phil
Site Admin

St. Lawrence River Eyes

Post by Phil » Fri May 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Took Tori out for a bit of eye fishing on the river today. Had a pretty good time. Prolly caught and boated a dozen in a couple of hours - lost the nicest one at the net (Tori's). Here's one. We had a double on at one point. :D
Great meeting you and fishing with you today.
Image :D
Phil

JR

Post by JR » Tue May 18, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm going to be out on the St. Lawrence the weekend of June 5th. We will be targeting Northerns, but I would love to try for some walleyes. Have an pointers? As a Lake Erie fisherman, we pretty much just troll and drift with worm harnesses in as deep of water as we can find. We don't really have structure and not even alot of differences in depth. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Tue May 18, 2010 6:35 pm

JR wrote:I'm going to be out on the St. Lawrence the weekend of June 5th. We will be targeting Northerns, but I would love to try for some walleyes. Have an pointers? As a Lake Erie fisherman, we pretty much just troll and drift with worm harnesses in as deep of water as we can find. We don't really have structure and not even alot of differences in depth. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
What part of the St.Lawrence?
I troll too - deep water - but have a "technique" (hard to explain) using a bottom bouncer with worm harness.
Phil

JR

Post by JR » Wed May 19, 2010 10:58 am

From what my buddies tell me, we will be fishing off of Oak Point which is just passed Chippewa Bay. I hope that helps, I've never been there before.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Wed May 19, 2010 11:56 am

JR wrote:From what my buddies tell me, we will be fishing off of Oak Point which is just passed Chippewa Bay. I hope that helps, I've never been there before.
I know where that is; but am not familiar with the river in that area. Sorry.
Phil

JR

Post by JR » Wed May 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks, anyway. I'm sure I'll figure it out or at least have alot of fun trying.