Memorial day wk end

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

harry pikeman

Memorial day wk end

Post by harry pikeman » Sat May 29, 2010 8:15 pm

Sitting here on a Saturday waiting patiently for some results from the lake. I can't get enough of the updates on the fishing week by week. I'll be their over July 4th, can't come soon enough. Hope everyone is doing great!give me something....
Tight Lines! Harry Pikeman

Curt

reports

Post by Curt » Sun May 30, 2010 1:03 pm

Harry,
We will be right behind you July 10. Let us know how you did.

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Mon May 31, 2010 11:15 pm

Allright, give up the info folks. I need my fix! July 3rd is just around the corner. :twisted:

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:37 am

wildchild wrote:Allright, give up the info folks. I need my fix! July 3rd is just around the corner. :twisted:
There are NO fish left in Black Lake! :twisted: :roll:
Phil

moonriver

Post by moonriver » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:57 am

Thanks for the great report Phil! Looks like it's going to be a relaxing week after all since I don't have to worry about trying to catch fish! That is a great motivator for those of us who can't wait to get there! (lol):D
Life is short, everday is a gift from God, make everyday count!

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Wildchild, I see you are going to be there over the fourth, where do you stay? How early to you get out on the lake in the morning? What's your most productive hours? We did horrible over the fourth last year( which I blame on the terrible weather we got and the fact we didn't have a depth finder). The more knowledge of the lake we can get the better.
Tight Lines! Harry Pikeman

Glenp

Post by Glenp » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:33 pm

We didn't fish much but...we found a lot of large bluegill. Were they ever tasty! The smallmouth population seems to be healthy. I lost a very large one (for BL) at the boat. As the weekend progressed they seemed to be mingling more with the bluegills

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:51 am

Harry, we are staying at Massaoapi Cabins this year. Last year we stayed at Camp Wildwood, nice place and great people. The couple we are comming up with this year have stayed at this other place and know the people so we let them pick. I'm a night person after 13 years of working 2nd shift, so mornings aren't my thing. If I'm on the water by 10 AM, I am doing good. I caught fish at all hours of the day, but the bite did seem to slow down from noon to five. I mainly fished the bays north of the bridge since my girfriend was ill and couldn't stay out for too long at a time. This year will be out all day long. Looking forward to trying out the smallmouth on the shoals this year. I love the last couple of hours of daylight, the topwater action seems to pick up and what a rush. Good luck all. Oh and by the way Phil, must be all of you darn ice fisherman ruined the place. That was a dood one though lol.

Tori

Post by Tori » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:41 am

Glen or other pan fish folks,
Are the blue gills in shallow water spawning now or do you catch them in deeper water? In the north end I seem to be able to catch lots of small ones, but really can't locate some decent size ones for a meal.
Any suggestions on getting good size pan fish? Where? North or South end?
Thanks,
Tori

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:45 am

I don't know much about pan fish, but was pike fishing two weeks ago and caught some nice Crappie on spinners Near oak point.

Glenp

Post by Glenp » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:59 pm

The bluegills were either just off an un-named shoal in deeper water or on the edge of the shoal. They were schooled pretty tightly. I used my depth finder to locate them.

tmutt

Re: Memorial day wk end

Post by tmutt » Tue May 24, 2011 12:57 pm

I see that this topic was started for last year's Memorial Day week end. Now it is 2011 and I'm watching the weather to see what our weekend will be like. Earier this week I was hoping to see the forcast change. It did! Chance for rain has turned into "expected amount" of rain. Getting wet at the lake is not a hardship! :)

Looking forward to getting wet at the lake this weekend!
Tight lines,

Tmutt

angler170

Post by angler170 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:28 pm

We fished north of Kingston last Thur/Friday. We had thirty fish days with the nice 7.7lb smallie on a shiner. We targeted pike but the bass we active. Sat and Sunday we fished Black Lake for pike and eyes. Shiners under floats netted a few pike in the southern end. From our deck during the evening we hammered large pan fish, two pike, three bullhead and a bunch of beer after a great beef wellington dinner. Pan fish and bullheads came on worms and pike on shiners. Sunday before pulling the boat, we drifted jigheads tipped with shiners and leachs along the midlake shoals looking for a few elusive eyes. After a few 2-3lb smallies we decided to pull the plug to search the narrows for eyes, but with no luck. Water temps were 66-68 degrees and 2 feet high for this time of year. Good luck to all.

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Wed May 25, 2011 12:15 am

Beef Wellington at camp! Now that is living it up!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

billbo
Site Admin

Post by billbo » Wed May 25, 2011 11:15 am

Didn't happen to take any pics of that 7.7lb smallie did you???