State record largemouth

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Steve Milarmby

State record largemouth

Post by Steve Milarmby » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Eleven lbs. four oz. think a bigger one is out there somewhere? What if he's in Black lake where would you expect to find him

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Hopefully in my live well over 4 th of July... Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if I could ever land a 11 lb fish out of BL it have to go on my wall..
Tight Lines! Harry Pikeman

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:19 am

Such a fish would probably be a she, and my guess is that such a fish does swim the waters of BL. Probably spends most of her time sucking down crawdads and baitfish on some small rock pile out in the middle of nowhere, some place were fisherman never pick up on. A friend of mine caught a 10lb 8oz monster in one of the finger lakes last month in a location far from anyplace that looked "fishy". Don't ask for details as I am sworn to secracy under penelty of death. If you are fishing were everybody else does chances of catching a fish of this magnitude is highly unlikely. Problem is that searching for this fish will result in many days of catching few if any fish. Good luck in your search however. :D

GuidedBassTrips

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:27 pm

It is questionable if there is a state record largemouth in Black Lake. I've had customers catch them that size in Florida. It is a huge fish. Some so called 10 pounders in Florida are not weighed on a proper scale. So I tend to be skeptical when I hear about someone catching one that big and there are no pictures, etc.

My personal best on Black Lake is 7lbs 4oz caught in the 80's. I used to consistently catch 6 to 6 3/4 pound fish but those don't seem to be as common anymore. I really think if the lake was capable of growing one over ten, with all the bass fisherman that have fished Black Lake in the last 30 years, someone would have caught one by now. Or at least a 9 pounder. I really believe the winters are just too long here. But I could be wrong.....and I sure hope it's one of my customers that proves me wrong this year!

Does anybody know the lake record? I've never heard of one.

www.guidedbasstrips.com
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.