Conditions on the lake

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

fishUC

Conditions on the lake

Post by fishUC » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Coming up next week, can anyone coment on if the water is high/low/normal with defined weed lines at 8-9 ft already like it ws 3 years ago? Probably much different than it was last year for opening weekend.?

GuidedBassTrips

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:43 pm

Water level was at summer level (low) until the rains of last week which have brought it back up a few inches. Weedlines are generally around 8 feet but I wouldn't call them defined. Depends on the area. Water temperature ranges upper 60's to low 70's. Bass are currently spawn to post-spawn with probably a larger percentage post spawn. Only difference I see from last year is that the smallmouth hopefully will be recovered from the spawn sooner this year.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

fishUC

Post by fishUC » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:25 pm

thanks - 3 years ago I remember we had similar weather and there was a weed line that went from the entrance to orchard - straight across through wood island on the left adn lower deep on the right...

you could set bouoys up and it was a distinct line at 9'

I would have thought they would have been spawned out for a while now, Onieda was for the most part 2-3 weeks ago - just small males in the bed areas.

last year seemed to stay in the 60's and lower 70's air temp and orchard was near weedless opening day compared to other years.