Saturday June 26th report

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

ragincajun

Saturday June 26th report

Post by ragincajun » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:41 pm

We fished Friday night from 6pm to 9pm and had some luck on the north side in a nice lilly pad infested bay. Caught a three pound 16" LM and a 20" fat bowfin. Saturday, my fishing partner and his son had a morning obligation, so we hit the water and were fishing by 11:30am till 9pm. Rained all day. ALL. Water conditions were treacherous to say the least, but fun none the less. Anyway, the bite started good, but then it stopped. We found ourselves sidetracked easy with the thought that we would try to catch some pike. We fished lonesome bay and the head of indian river with no success. After regaining focus and heading to the north end, some 13 miles away as the pouring rain slapped us in the face, we regained focus but still no bite. Around 6pm we were driving across the main lake on the South side, WHOA was the boat hitting the waves hard and staying mostly out of the water as we skipped our way to a calmer bay. We ended up catching double digit bass by the days end and 4 that would have been keepers if we were keeping them. Fun as all can be but not as plentiful a bite as the water is quite high and it has been raining for days. Probably would be whistling a different tune if I didn't lose 5 fish to out of practice senko fishing. By 8:30pm we discovered the fish were not in the deep or middle parts of the lilly filled bays, but on the edge of the lilly pads. Too bad we just didn't act on this earlier in the day when we saw others fishing such areas. Sometimes I get so focus on how I WANT to fish, and miss how the fish WANT to be fished. Oh well, the summer is young.