Guided Bass Trips 6/25 thru 6/28

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

GuidedBassTrips

Guided Bass Trips 6/25 thru 6/28

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:59 am

I conducted four consecutive guided bass fishing trips on Black Lake 6/25 thru 6/28.

John Dempsey and his son Connor from Connecticut had booked me for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They had never fished Black Lake before and I think they were impressed with the bass fishery. I mixed it up each day using a variety of techniques averaging between 15 and 25 bass each day. I began each morning fishing topwaters in smallmouth areas which actually produced more largemouth than smallmouth. The 1st and 3rd day produced an equal number of smallmouth and largemouth, but I had to resort to using live crayfish in 12-15' for the smallmouth. The largemouth were biting everything including the crayfish. The 2nd day was all largemouth. And of course the senko bite is great, but can also be addicting. Weedlines produce the numbers and rock/weed areas produce the bigger fish. We also used both wild and hatchery raised shiners and of course the wild shiner bite was ridiculous. If I could only get more of them. The largest was a largemouth at 4 pounds even with a few in the 3 to 3 1/2 pound range. Largest smallmouth was about 3 pounds.

On 6/28 I had Mike and Mona Heyer from Pennsylvania. They counted their bass and of course Mona outfished her husband! I showed her how to fish a senko, live crayfish, and live shiners. She caught 19 bass total, including a 5 pounder that ate a senko, a 4 pounder that ate a wild shiner, and several fiesty smallmouth on the crayfish. Mike managed to catch 12 bass but couldn't keep up with her! This was also their first time fishing Black Lake and were very impressed with the lake.

Overall it appears the smallmouth are still being a little difficult but they should become more aggressive as the summer progresses. The largemouth fishing is outstanding with large numbers of average size fish and of course alot under 15 inches. The recent weather patterns have been conducive to a strong largemouth bite so we'll see if they keep biting.

Good fishing to everyone.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Tori

Post by Tori » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 am

Randy,
Were you fishing in the south end of the lake?
Thanks, Tori

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:04 am

Thanks for the info Randy. Hope that the bite holds up.

GuidedBassTrips

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Tori,
We were fishing in the southern and main portion of the lake and never did go north of the bridge. I would think the fishing is good there too, at least for largemouth along weedlines.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 pm

I have been having luck in the bays on the north end this year as well as southern parts. Mainly the bays from snake island to oak point. Hope this helps.