Friday July 2nd

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

ragincajun

Friday July 2nd

Post by ragincajun » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:14 am

Took my son and a friend, both 12, out on the water at 6am till 2pm. That meant getting them both up just after 5am. They were troopers and never complained. Had to get ethanol free gas before hitting the state launch, so stopped at Edwardsville grocery right at six and he opened right up for us. Day was going great. First stop, a new favorite bay. Nothing. Finally the boys each caught a LM and my son's friend caught a crappie. This was around 9am. Now the pressure was on me to catch something or be skunked as well as help them catch more fish. We traveled around ten miles fishing both sides of the bridge with no luck. Around one thirty, I finally caught a small LM and a perch. That was it for the day. Boats were everywhere, weather was beautiful, fun was had by all. Fishing, TOUGH. I am sure others had a great day, but for us it was a tough one. Tell me I am not the only one that can fish 8 hours with those results in close to the highest water I have seen on the lake under a hot sun. Anyone else care to post their results for yesterday?