July 4 and July 5

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

kiknbss14

July 4 and July 5

Post by kiknbss14 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Sunday I got right onto some fish at 6am. Picking up a 3lb largie on a Brushhog in the weeds. It was fast and furious until 7am and they shut right down. Picked up a few here and there until 1230 and came in for lunch. Went back out at 6pm after the wind calmed down a bit and was able to get a few more bites. For the day I got 12 lmb. With my 5 best going 11.13lbs. All on Zoom Brushhogs.

Monday...headed back to the spot I did good yesterday. Got some put not as good. Tried a few other spots and picked up some just shy of the mark.

The fishing has been tough. You have to work for them. Do not be afraid to fish shallow in this heat. If there is enough cover there the bass are in there. I caught bass in 5-8ft of water in the morning and caught some in 1-3ft around noon.

Heading back out in about a hour....

ss minnow

Post by ss minnow » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:03 am

95 degrees air temp in the wind. water temp averaging 73-75 wowsah hot hot hot. got a few smallies and one tremendous LM at devils despite the traffic. LM did one super aerial and spit shad rap. easy 4lb'er. water level dropped a little bit.

moonriver

Post by moonriver » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:04 am

Thanks for the live reports guys! It is almost like we are there with ya! :D Good luck on the water today!
Life is short, everday is a gift from God, make everyday count!