Guided Bass Trip Mon 7/5

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

GuidedBassTrips

Guided Bass Trip Mon 7/5

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:15 am

On Monday July 5th I had Ken Dorshefski and his brother Bill from PA on board for a full day of bass fishing on Black Lake.

The holiday weekend had brought warm windy days due to a dome of high pressure and a heat wave to the south. Black Lake is also beginning to change into it's mid-summer status. The algae bloom has begun and the water is turning green in places. The vegetation is also becoming slimy.

The fishing does appear to be tougher than a week ago. Ken and Bill caught about 20 bass throughout the day with the largest around 3 1/2 pounds. Shiners produced the fastest bite especially in the morning. Live crayfish produced smallmouth on a deep ledge but we had to wait for them to bite. The Senkos still produce but were at times difficult to fish properly in the wind. The highlight of the day was an acrobatic 3 pound smallmouth that ate Bill's Senko.

It was their first visit to Black Lake and they enjoyed the day with me and will hopefully experience more good days on the lake this week.

The next couple of weeks will be challenging at times. It can be helpful to avoid the areas where the water is really green. The fish will bite in those areas but it usually takes a more precise presentation due to their limited visibility. Bottom fishing methods sometimes work better than other methods during this period.

Good luck to everyone fishing the lake.

www.guidedbasstrips.com
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

moonriver

Post by moonriver » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:24 am

Thanks for the report Randy! Man the weather at the lake has been like a roller coaster! Throw in an earthquake and the fish have to be completely out of their comfort zone! I sure hope things settle down soon. Sounds like the fishing has been tough, but then again, that's why we call it fishing! Thanks again for the report, and good luck on the water! Fish on!!!!!!!!! p.s. Any mat forming yet?
Life is short, everday is a gift from God, make everyday count!

GuidedBassTrips

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 am

I haven't seen alot of weed mats yet probably because the water is still high. But it is going down so I'm sure by August there will be more.

Randy
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

moonriver

Post by moonriver » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks again Captain. I really enjoy reading your reports. Very informative! May you have continued success on the water! :wink:
Life is short, everday is a gift from God, make everyday count!

ken18621

Post by ken18621 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:50 pm

All I can say is "WOW". Thank you Randy for a great day on the water and an awesome learning experience that will carry with me for the rest of my life.
This day will be embedded into our memories forever.

Feel free to post some pictures if they came out.

Thanks again
Ken