July 3rd

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

harry pikeman

July 3rd

Post by harry pikeman » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 pm

At the lake, fished from sun up to sun down. Very windy, between 4 guys we caught two pike (21-22") 14" LM And a little perch. Can't figure out why we're not hammering them. Hopefully tomorrow is more productive.
Tight Lines! Harry Pikeman

cheftommy70

Post by cheftommy70 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:06 am

conditions are tough bro...we found bass and pike in a few spots but it was tough fishing...at least it looks like the weather will be better fr you

moonriver

Post by moonriver » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:42 am

Hey Harry,
Thanks for the "live" report! Give it a little time.... It's a big lake with many opportunities! That wind can't keep ya from getting out there! As they say.......It's a "wind driven" lake! Keep trying different tactics, and I'm sure you'll find them. Keep us posted, and thanks again!
Life is short, everday is a gift from God, make everyday count!

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Just came in for lunch and some refreshments, got out on the water at 6am wasn't that sucessful again. Couple 14" LM's but did pull a nice fat 27" northern off tin island, he was a lot of fun.Hopefully the next 2 rounds today get better. Still a lot of fun, think we are going to throw out some minnows this afternoon and relax , the after trip is back to hardcore.

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:34 pm

I love all the updates. Keep them coming. As the rain has stopped and water level starts to go down, it can only get better. Sounds like a nice northern that was fun to catch. Your two days so far sound like my friday and my saturday on a lake in the adirondacks. Keep your spirits up and keep fishing them hard. I love your idea of relaxing with some minnows this afternoon. Good luck. On my way to work a 3:30pm to 12:30am,

cheftommy70

Post by cheftommy70 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:03 pm

I also enjoy the live updates...sounds like the lake is as we left it lol. the bay south of sandy cove (edgars i think) which has a high rock wall where campers sit and watch produced 4 or 5 pike for us last week all 25-28 inches...and the mouth of fish creek and the bay just around the southwest point of the mouth is where we got a nice double....good luck and look forward to your next post

ss minnow

Post by ss minnow » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:53 am

Water level up from last year this time and receding now. Did have a rough time though with the fishing and the wind on Saturday. Sunday, much more of the same, white caps and steady wall of wind. Found a nice school of 8 to 11" perch though around the south side of wood island. Considering the conditions at times not seeing anyone around , I guess I was thinking die hard me at times. But like I said the perch were huge and were a blast. No LM, SM! managed to pick up a 25" pike later on. Well, got the rest of the week to enjoy. I would like to go out after dark but I don't know the lake well enough. Good luck everyone!

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:41 am

2 medium LM, and 1 small pike for me on Sunday. Fishing was tough at best. Took a while to find fish that would bite. Missed a monster LM that hit at the boat. Wind was too hard to throw soft plastics. Live bait produced tons of five inch perch but little else.

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:59 am

Fished 6am to 10:30 and only came up with one 14 "LM between 4 guys. I am stumped, gotta figure these guys out. Saw something amazing this morning. Went past stone quarry point(think Thats what it's called) saw hundreds of what I'm guessing is at least 10 lb carp jumping the hell out if the water. Was unreal, they were either eating or rolling in the stuff on the Lilly pads . We all sat there in shock... Anyway, that's all I got. Hopefully we hit them better this after noon. Got the fish fry tonight and leaving tomorrow afternoon. Anyone out there catching fish, let me in on your secret.

sluggo

Post by sluggo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:36 pm

harry pikeman, I'm lovin these updates, hang in there this lake can be tough, but when they turn on look out you'll have a day to remember. I'll be up in 3 weeks. Good luck

angler170

Post by angler170 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Wind drove me off the lake on 7/2 and 7/3. Dead trolling motor battery=a pain in the rearend trying to control the boat. Sunday evening fishing off the dock with wife and son, I caught 3 LM, largest being about three lbs , wife cuaght a bullhead and the kid played with the shiners in the live well. Tryed the shoal off of crab island and caught an eight lb cat with a worm harness, 10-11pm.

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:23 am

Hot today, got burnt so bad I gotta take a day off. :( If I don't a trip to the ER will be in order. As for the fishing, I caught two nice pike and 3 fat LM. Missed another nice LM that hit while I was trying to keep the boat in position. Also saw tons of carp rolling in the pads in Upper Deep Bay, fun to watch but not exactly what I was after. Changed my mind burn or not I'm fishing tuesday, good luck all!!!!

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:44 am

In NY, we use sunscreen. Wife says she read an article that spf 30 kills 90% of the suns rays. I never leave home without some in the boat. That and handwipes to get the sunscreen off the palms of my hands that handle the lures. Tomorrow is going to be another scorcher (sp). I am now the jealous one....reading all these reports for the past two days. Can't wait to get out there tomorrow.

moonriver

Post by moonriver » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:08 am

Love the reports guys! Wildchild, how can you stay in the boat with 90 degree temperatures? :shock: Keep after them, and keep posting. Thanks again! :D
Life is short, everday is a gift from God, make everyday count!

Bugbottle

Post by Bugbottle » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:03 am

really enjoying everyone's reports. we will be going to the lake for the first time on July 10th. I can post from my cell phone and let you know what we find. I hope the wind you guys are talking about is gone by then. Good luck folks and keep those reports coming