New Friends, Good times, Tough Fishing

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

ragincajun

New Friends, Good times, Tough Fishing

Post by ragincajun » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Been a member of this forum for a while now and done a lot of talking back and forth with wildchild and funtimesBL as well as others. Finally, we took the opportunity to meet and fish the lake today. WOW ...was it really 101 degrees F ? Felt it. We started around 11am as I worked the midnight shift last night and needed to sleep till 9. We fished from 11 till 6pm when my trolling motor said enough is enough. It was a tough start but fishing the hardest hours of the day under extreme temp's, we feel we did ok and definitely weren't disappointed. Funtimes caught his first and second LM and then decided to throw his new favorite lure into a tree for safe keeping. Trust this post...because you can't make this stuff up...lol

Wildchild caught a huge and first for him, Bowfin. Below is a picture. We figured it was around 22 inches and five pounds. Also saw some big garpike along with some smaller ones. Oh yea, not to forget, funtimes first large mouth ever was a very nice 14 incher. Congrats Funtimes on your first LM, we are pumped for you. I caught a smallie that was just a line or so short of 15 inches. Nice fish. We tried a few different areas to finally find the fish hiding near rocky banks with shallow water. Funtimes, had to leave a little earlier than wild and myself, but was great getting to fish with him. Once we dropped him off at camp, we caught 4 more bass and a perch. All and all we caught 8 bass, 1 huge bowfin, 1 perch, and 1 bluegill in 7 hours of the hardest part of the day under lots of heat. So not bad overall.

Image[/img]

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:02 am

What a day, hot as he#@. Fished hard and got into fish. Met Ragin and Funtimes and had a really good time. The people on this forum are real and honest. Never thought I would hook up with cyber-folk, but Ragin and FuntimesBL are cool dudes and we had a great time in spite of the heat. Didn't catch any monsters but caught fish once we found a pattern. I'll let you all know how that pattern works out in the next couple of days. Oh and if Ragins better half is reading this, a new trolling motor will make his safe return more likely. :D No really it will. :D

racing11111

Post by racing11111 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:55 am

hey, wildchild you should always have sun screen in the boat .Its hot in may up there. I also would like to hook up with you guys sometime and fish.I used to fish at bl in june and found the fishing to be better in may.jmo though.We mopped up on the fish the last two years in may. keep the reports comming i like to hear what going on up there.i might be up to the lake again in september so let me know if you guys are gonna be fishing then. i always stay at rogers. wild when are you leaving?
racing11111

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:15 am

It is truely awsome you guys hooked up and actually fished the worst time of day and made out well. congrats.

funtimesBL

Post by funtimesBL » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:09 pm

It was a blast being out on the Lake with these 2 guys. When 3 people can get together and fish with the same true sportsman spirit, it makes for a great time.
Personally if someone had video taped our outing it would have made for great watching. Good fishing, good times and even better conversation.
Just to let everyone know, I caught the first fish of the day and I can't say if it was the 100 degree temperature that was making them sweat OR the thought they would get outfished by me, after they went about 2 hours without one.. :lol:

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Outfished by some guy who had never landed a LM in BL, couldn't and didn't let that happen. :lol: :lol: Did make me fish harder though, that would have kept me up at night for the next year. On a more serious note, I had a great time and you guys made for a memorable day for me. For that I thank you. Good luck all and may the fish reward your efforts as they did ours.

ss minnow

Post by ss minnow » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:54 pm

well, I'm heading back to nepa tomorrow, had a nice relaxing week and found new friends. totally no luck on thursday and today was a rainy washout. good luck to all and hope to meet some of you folks next time. God Bless

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Made the somber boat ride back up to the public launch this morning. Beautiful day with calm water and fish breaking the surface. Back home now and reflecting on another great trip. Fished hard and was rewarded for it. Largest bass was a 3 1/2 lb LM caught in Mile Arm Bay. Tons of smaller fish as well. Caught 2 Bowfin and half a dozen pike, nothing huge all between 18 and 23 inches. Most bass came from shallow rock structure all week long. I would just like to thank all of the locals, both fisherman and business people for their help and services. Only had one bad experience but cannot list it here. All I can say is that the mosquitos tend to make people grouchy. See ya next year folks.

ragincajun

FOUND ON EBAY...SAYS IT WAS FOUND IN TREE

Post by ragincajun » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:38 pm

This was found on ebay. It says it was found in a tree on island at black lake. Would the owner please come forward to buy their lure back. Thanks

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:00 am

story has it that it won't catch a Bucketmouth larger than 14 inches though. Somebody will probably but it anyway. :lol:

funtimesBL

Post by funtimesBL » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:19 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Did the listing on EBAY mention it was lost by an expert fisherman? If so, then it ain't mine brother......
Good find!

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:40 pm

I couldn't help myself. Thought you would find it funny.

funtimesBL

Post by funtimesBL » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:20 pm

I wasn't exactly surprised by it either....thanks for the laughs.