July 7

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

ss minnow

July 7

Post by ss minnow » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:19 am

Wow, what a day! From the 3rd it's been rough going. Wind finally subsided and the water level dropped a foot the air temp is in the upper 90's uv index of 10! the humidity dropped though. Fished afternoon till dark. Lots of plumper smallies, biggest was 17" and 4 lbs. LM's were scattered between them. The smallies were fighting hard. Picked up a 22" pike at tin... I noticed all the smallies and this pike picked up there had the same chunks taken out of their left mid side just below the dorsal fin from what to me looks like a dominator in the area whacking them in the exact same spot. Very impressive marks.... Later on I hooked into what I thought felt like a pike and after a few drag ripping runs turns out to be a whopper walleye. OK guys lesson number @#$t...Never let the wife practice netting the biggest daggon walleye you have ever hooked! I put it at 24" and at least 6-7 lbs. FAT. Oh well, that's ok, would have liked to get a picture before she went back in...I think I had seen wildchild out there glowing from sunburn! Hope he's ok. Great folks out here, having a blast. Oh BTW, I have been using a rapala #10 x rap White silver blue with a white bucktail on one rod since the 3rd and I have to say this is one lure that has been "tested". The eyeballs finally fell out of it and after that was when the fish would hammer it even more so. It's getting some intense battle scars but if it's working I'll use it till i lose it. I probably just jinxed myself but who cares, I still have 2 more days in paradise!

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:39 am

I'm good man, I'll be on the water in the morning. Thanks for the info. And if you want to catch some nice perch Ragin has a nice 15$ crankbait that might help. Sorry man but I couldn't help myself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:38 am

LMAO.....yup...sure do. I believe wild's comment when I caught it, was "huh...bigger perch then I have been catching"....so the $15 lure...well...it worked...lol. Bound and determined now to catch a big LM with it. I will make sure to post the picture with the lure WILD....lol

sluggo

Post by sluggo » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:40 am

You guys sound like you are having a great time! Keep those reports coming, I'll be there in 16 days. I'm like a kid counting the days for christmas.

Pochucker

Post by Pochucker » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:06 pm

ss minnow
try the x-rap10 in yellow perch --guarantee it will do even better. Another good thing about the x-rap10 is its size does seem to discourage some of the small bites

Niagara-eyes

Post by Niagara-eyes » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:01 pm

The Rapala Yellow perch pattern seems to be a winner on BL. Both my trips last summer it worked great on a #9 Shadrap for bass and a #13 Floater for walleye at night last spring. I will pick up a couple x-raps before I head up and maybe a minnow-rap,too.

ss minnow

Post by ss minnow » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Pochucker..Yes I do have a #10 yellow perch rap. Will try it, heading out later afternoon till dark. I have an assortment of the newest lures out will try them too and will update later tonight. Have had no luck with all different combo single and tandem blade spinners. Stick/Slashbaits are working so I'm sticking with them.. Wild, nice one with Ragin'. If I picture it right, there needs to be an emoticon created for that scenario! tee hee..

ss minnow

Post by ss minnow » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:43 am

Today had to be the offishal vacation day for the fish. Did manage to lose both perch lures back to back from "something"..Other than that no action. Help!! How do I upload a picture on this forum. if someone can help i'd like to share a pic of the lure that was working so well. She's toast. eyballs fell out...teeth torn body and the lip broke off! scooped her up right at the boat on her final retrieve.RIP

ss minnow

Post by ss minnow » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:53 am

pochucker was there any pun intended with the discouragement of "small bites"? I like it!

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:57 am

Go to photobucket.com and upload your pics to a free account. It then will host the picture for you to copy and paste IMG to here.

ss minnow

Post by ss minnow » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Image[/img]

ss minnow

Post by ss minnow » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Thanks ragin'. well here it is above minus eyes and lip. I'm dissapointed she went south so quick ( for a rapala ). But then again she was hot and seen a lot of action.