Guided Bass Trips of 7/9, 7/10, and 7/12.

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

GuidedBassTrips

Guided Bass Trips of 7/9, 7/10, and 7/12.

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:07 pm

On Friday and Saturday I had Dave and Kathy Vickers from Connecticut for a guided bass trip on Black Lake. Dave booked me for one day last year and it rained all day and Kathy did not go out. So this year he booked me for two days and guess what? Here comes the front on Friday!

This time Kathy came out and we only had to deal with light rain early on. The fishing was good. They caught 14 bass by 11am with the largest being a largemouth at 4lbs even. We came in and took a break from the rain. Later on I took Dave out by himself and we fished in our rain gear in a downpour. Dave managed to catch another 8 bass fishing mainly senkos and topwaters. We did not use live bait these two days. On day two I once again took Dave by himself until 11:30 am for a half day trip. He once again caught 8 bass all on either a senko ar a topwater.

Monday I had Jeff Kopalek and his dad Ron from New York and their friend Joe from West Virginia. We left Log Cabins at 6:15 am for a half day trip. They caught probably an even number of smallmouth and largemouth. I had about 15 small wild shiners I caught on Sunday for the trip. We burned them up early on a shoal that had both smallmouth and largemouth. Then I set them up with senkos and they proceeded to catch an even mix of smallmouth and largemouth fishing a weedline. We finished the morning fishing with live crayfish in 10-15' catching several more smallmouth in the two to three pound range.

Overall the smallmouth seemed to be biting better possibly because they are grouping more. They do appear to still be chasing bait as much as they are relating to the bottom.

Good luck to all fishing the lake.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.