july 16

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Bugbottle

july 16

Post by Bugbottle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:22 am

thanks everyone for all the tips. I've been trying some of the spots you've suggested. fishing has been slow for me.. other folks here are doing better but they say its been slower for them than in other years. water temps were over 85 yesterday. some folks feel that its too hot and that has slowed the fishing down. we fished the back side of Conger island last evening. went out at 5 pm a d fished till about 8:30. changed to baby bass senkos. I caught a 3 pound large mouth and missed several other strikes. the wife caught a 1 1/2 pound LM and some bluegils. Twice we saw huge Pike jump completely out of the water. one must have been 3 feet long and the wife swears the other was 4 but I didn't see it myself. thanks for all the help folks. this will be our last day here. supposed to be thunderstorms this morning I'm waiting to see what happens stormwise. sorry for the sloppy typing. I'm using my cell phone to post and its a llittle clumsy.

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:28 am

Thanks for the report. Heat has definitely been a factor. I bet the water you were catching them in was deeper, like 8 feet, am I right? Did you choose baby bass because of what I posted the other day, or do you usually use it? Just wondering, because it would be great to know if I helped at all.

Bugbottle

Post by Bugbottle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:16 pm

I used the baby bass. because of your advice and yes it was about 8 ft deep.
I just came off the lake a about a half hour ago. we were out another 3 hours I lost a big large mouth all the way in the back of big bay in heavy weeds. I went all the way near shore to get out of the wind. fished all the way up and down the shore line. the water has cooled there because of the rain. I think. down to 79. had the fish on a silver and green slugo. had two other hits but I didn't hook them. still pretty windy I'm hopeing it will calm down latter. This is my first time here so I didn't expect to break any really records. I've already reserved the cabin for next year so I'm already set to try again.

sluggo

Post by sluggo » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks for the reports Bugbottle, We"re are heading up to Pleasant Veiw a week from tommrow. You did alright for your first time on the lake. We have been going to Black Lake for about 10 yrs and every year it is a little different. It always takes a couple days to figure them out. I had good luck with baby bass senkos over on St. Lawerance river the first week of bass season.

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:06 am

Nice report, thanks. Now I gotta get sme Baby Bass Senkos. Don't have that color yet. Ragin your gonna get me in trouble. :lol:

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:24 am

Dude, they work. I found them at the log cabins and have not seen them online. The guy that told me about them, said they were hard to find. And I think your woman knows, you will spend on fishing, just like mine knows I will be getting a trolling motor even if it is fall. lol

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:36 am

Yeh my girl gave up too. It's fishing or a Harley. Fishing draws far less attention from other female types, so she lets me think that I won. I know the truth though. So Baby Bass Senkos it is!!!!Good luck with the trolling motor, after all safety is paramount. Your outboard could have died in those waves today, without a reliable trolling motor you could have been washed out to sea. :lol: :lol: :lol: