Talon anchor system

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

esox

Talon anchor system

Post by esox » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:42 pm

I am thinking of buying the Minn Kota Talon anchoring system.I would like any pros and cons from anyone that has one . Thanks Esox

erik

Re: Talon anchor system

Post by erik » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:16 am

I have one and love it. I have the 8'-4", version. My boat is a G3 185. It deploys fast and retracts fast. It holds awesome in mud, it's loud on rocks. The pole seems to take a beating and I believe it's guaranteed for life. I put it on by myself, very simple. I wish mine was 10' that's the only draw back I see. I had it up the Oswegatchie and Indian Rivers it held pretty good up in the faster waters. I use it when fishing shore lines a lot especially if it's windy out. It's also great if you have kids and your constantly pulling snags and tying up new lures. If you want to see how it works call me in the spring we'll go fishing! 315-783-3962. I own the trailer next to Walters camps on Rte 6. Erik

I bought mine on ebay for 1300.

esox

Post by esox » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Erik, thanks for your input, I am going to buy the 8 ft 4 in model also. You mentioned a 10 ft one, is there one? thanks again for your reply. Esox

erik

Post by erik » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:40 pm

I believe the power pole brand has a new 10' out. i think it's up there in price close to 2k. erik

Flukeman

Post by Flukeman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Nice thing about the "Talon" is you do not need room for the hydraulic lines and tank that you need with the "Power Pole". Talon is also much easier for anybody to install. The guys I know who have each model like them both for the job they do on the water. They all say they are great on windy days fishing shallow water structure.
Jeff Edgarton
Youth Director Good Ole Boys Jr. BASS Club