Newly Registered User

WATER LEVEL

Post by MAX OF BASOM » Tue May 03, 2011 8:16 pm

CAN SOME TELL ME HOW HIGH THE WATER IS

Phil
Site Admin

Re: WATER LEVEL

Post by Phil » Tue May 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Do you have a reference you would like used? It is high. Probably as high as it's been this spring.
Phil

johncran

Post by johncran » Wed May 04, 2011 10:25 pm

At this rate it's gonna be awhile before we can get our docks in. I have guys scheduled to help for the 14th but I don't think it's happening. :cry:

Gibby

Post by Gibby » Thu May 05, 2011 11:07 am

Spoke with our contact at the cottages we stay at and he said his docks are way down by the launch area as a result of the highest water he remembers in years !

Glenp

Post by Glenp » Thu May 05, 2011 8:21 pm

I put my dock in this past weekend. I have a floating dock and the lake is higher than I have seen it at "putting dock in time" for the past 5 years.

kevin
Newly Registered User

Post by kevin » Fri May 06, 2011 11:09 am

i will be down on the 15th was wondering if i could get my boat in i heard the state boat launch is under water.if not where can i launch an how long does it take for level to drop i been comeing there 14 years same time dont think i ever ran into this problem. going to have great time anyway.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Fri May 06, 2011 7:52 pm

I was by the state boat launch today. There were boats being launched. The dock maybe under water but the launch can still be used.
Phil

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Mon May 09, 2011 10:56 am

What does the high water level do to the fishing? I'll be up in about 3 weeks.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Mon May 09, 2011 5:47 pm

MrSimon wrote:What does the high water level do to the fishing? I'll be up in about 3 weeks.
:) Makes more room for the fish? So the fish "density" is lower? Makes them harder to find? JK
Phil

johncran

Post by johncran » Tue May 10, 2011 2:01 pm

It would be neat if one of the webcams could provide some sort of visual lake water level reading. A numerical reading wouldn't be necessary but maybe a colored (blk/white, red/white) marker stick would work, similar to the one they use to measure gas tanks at the gas station?

HappyCamper

Post by HappyCamper » Tue May 10, 2011 3:58 pm

It would be neat if one of the webcams could provide some sort of visual lake water level reading. A numerical reading wouldn't be necessary but maybe a colored (blk/white, red/white) marker stick would work, similar to the one they use to measure gas tanks at the gas station?
I often thought the same thing but I'm getting to the point where I can roughly judge the water level by the shorelines on each cam.
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Tue May 10, 2011 5:11 pm

johncran wrote:It would be neat if one of the webcams could provide some sort of visual lake water level reading. A numerical reading wouldn't be necessary but maybe a colored (blk/white, red/white) marker stick would work, similar to the one they use to measure gas tanks at the gas station?
Look at the "rock line" on the BigBay cam. High water is to the rocks.
Phil

492VS

Post by 492VS » Tue May 10, 2011 5:29 pm

ptrivilino wrote: Look at the "rock line" on the BigBay cam. High water is to the rocks.
Usually you can see the base of the tall grass just out on the water on that cam, now you only see the tips of it. which shows the water level is pretty high.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Tue May 10, 2011 8:20 pm

The local rivers and streams have dropped quite a bit in the last two days - I'm sure the lake level will be on it's way down. :D

No reports on the fish because all the guys that would report are fishing. :D

I have not been out yet but have heard good things about the crappie bite.
Phil

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Thu May 12, 2011 1:08 pm

I just returned yesterday. The water is three to four feet higher then normal. In ten years I have never seen the water so high. All the bays that show weed tip are gone! Drifting for pike was a joke. Even using heavy spoons to get down was not working. FYI the water was 55f on Saturday and was up to 58-60f Wedne :oops: sday when we left. Had a great time, but the lake kicked my butt this year!!
Catch and Release the big ones!!
Practice Conservation