ice quality

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

mikeroc

ice quality

Post by mikeroc » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Hello all, Will be coming up 22nd or 23rd for a few days of fishing. I have to believe ice is fine but it doesn't hurt to ask those in the know. I came up 15 years ago after a thaw, and could not get on the lake. It was as if the lake/ice came up leaving 10-20 ft of water around the shore line. I know you will see this late in the season but this was January. Temps look like they are trending back down but snow will not help. I will check back as trip gets closer. Thanks

Phil
Site Admin

Re: ice quality

Post by Phil » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Well, right now, the ice is doing as you noted. We got rain and a lot of melt. The lake is on the rise, which leaves the shoreline "wet". I know there are folks getting on the ice, just know exactly what condition the shoreline is in at the moment. I'm sure, with the cold that is forecast for the next several days, access will be fine again.
Keep checking this reports and conditions section for current info.
You can always call either of the bat shops that operate on the lake, they will give you good, current, info.
Phil

mikeroc

Post by mikeroc » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:49 am

Thank you for the response... Mike

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Fished yesterday out of Rollaway. There were quite a few guys getting on by walking - I got on with my wheeler on tracks and so did several other ATRVs and a 3 wheeler. Had about 16" of water to go through but the ice was fine. Still at 18". Pressure cracks are minimal and not difficult to find a spot to cross. I think the water should be going down today.
Phil

mikeroc

Post by mikeroc » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Well it's a go will be up Wednesday fishing Thurs, and Friday. I will be bringing my dad who's 84 hope the wind stays away, and the fish bite...