July 3 - 10

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

z-nail

July 3 - 10

Post by z-nail » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Wife and I fished as hard as we could in the wind and heat this week but were only able to pull in 52 large and 3 small mouth bass. Most of them came from around raspberry island and the shoal below it. We fish primarily soft plastics weightless which made things especially tough. Got to be better next year.

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:15 pm

I would hope 52LM's was a typ-o, if you are not happy with that there is something wrong.
Tight Lines! Harry Pikeman

z-nail

Post by z-nail » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:58 pm

That was not a type O but that was for my wife and I for 7 days of fishing. I have done a lot better than that in previous years

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:22 am

The fishing was tough. I managed about 40 bass myself, but did fish hard to get them. Most of the tactics that I typically use were not catching much. Senkos worked R-E-A-L-S-L-O-W caught 90% of my bass. Tried several colors but white worked the best for me. I know that it is not a popular colcr at BL, but I do have witnesses.

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Sometimes I wished it was called catching not fishing. I often feel like I haven't caught much because the bite seems slow and far between. However...went fishing yesterday for 3 hours in the middle of the hottest part of the day. My son fished on and off between eating and drinking as he is 16 and does that all the friggen time. He managed one 12 inch LM and a big rock bass. I managed two LM, both around 11 to 12 inches. Wife, well....she only caught a big bluegill. Not many fish, but when you look at the temps, the middle of the day, (when most don't fish), and short length of time, ....not bad. Wish I thought that way more often. And except the blue gill....all the bass were caught on a WHITE senko wacky style.

z-nail

White and Wacky

Post by z-nail » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:53 pm

I did try a White with a light lavender tint on top it was called mistake and it was a mistake didn't catch a fish. As for wacky style I have never had a hit when fishing wacky. I must be doing something wrong cause everyone on this blog seems to fish that way. My best bait at Black Lack was a blueberry Zoom Z-Nail fished weightless texas style. Makes fishing the weeds a lot easier.